Monday, December 19, 2011

My Friend, My Foe.

Back through another year,
Following the lines thread across the days.
Messed up view from way back there, start to unravel
To lay bare,
This tragic loss.
Another year, another list, another time that felt amiss.
Time to stand up, to wake up, to fall back.
Smile at the innocence, the grand sweeping plans.
Laugh at days to come,
Laugh at yourself,
Laugh.
You taught me to fight, to see.
To soak up what little I have of you and me,
To not be late, to not rush, to not forget you.
Oh days of playful insight,
Heartache and sadness numbed.
Seek rest my friend, don't rush my friend,
Count on, tick tock, tick tock.
The end of an era,
The class not begun,
All of eternity to look upon your careful lines drawn.
Ah time...
My friend, my foe, we meet again.
Shall we shake hands and agree to disagree?
Not in part, but in whole.
You teach me, you take your toll.
You label it, you place it, you end the year
And forward we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment